This page contains information on all the Ghostrunner abilities and upgrades available to you in the game. You’ll begin with the basic abilities of wall run, dash, and sensory boost at the very start of level one: An Awakening. As you progress through the game, you will unlock more abilities.
The basic abilities you start with are:
- Wall run. When you jump towards a surface or wall, you’ll automatically run across it.
- Dash. Very early on in the first level, An Awakening, you’ll learn how to dash. This has a multitude of uses in the game. Use this to jump across bigger gaps, avoid attacks and get close to enemies quickly.
- Sensory Boost. This allows you to slow time and is particularly useful for dodging left and right, to avoid attacks. In some of the later levels like The Gatekeeper, you can use this ability to jump away from platforms and back on to them to avoid electrical currents or fire. It’s also helpful for getting to collectibles that are slightly awkward to reach.
As you progress through the game, you’ll also be able to unlock special abilities. These have a temporary cooldown when they are used.
- Blink. Unlocked at the end of The Climb. This enables you to target multiple enemies at once and kill them with a single attack.
- Tempest. Unlocked at the end of Road to Amida. This ability allows you to emit a blast which kills enemies. This can also be used to deal with multiple enemies at once. If you time Tempest right, you can deflect projectiles and send them straight back to an enemy.
- Surge. Unlocked at the end of In Her Own Image. This is a ranged attack. Simply highlight an enemy and attack. This is particularly good for dealing with turrets in later levels.
- Overlord. Unlocked during Reign In Hell. This allows you to take control of enemies, causing them to attack other enemies.
At the start of the third level, The Climb, you’ll have access to the Ghostrunner Calibration Panel where you view all available upgrades, and assign the ones you want to use.
There are 29 upgrades you can unlock. You can configure these skills in however you prefer, at any time throughout a level. Swap these around in various combat situations to make the most of them. These upgrades fall under the following categories:
There are five upgrades you will unlock for Dash.
- Dash: Extra charge. Dash gains one additional charge.
- Dash: Cooldown. Dash recharges significantly faster after use.
- Dash: Extra charge II. Dash gains one additional charge, but its cooldown is significantly increased.
- Dash: Bulletproof. You are immune to projectiles during dash, buts its cooldown is moderately increased.
- Dash: Extra Charge III. Dash gains one additional charge, but its cooldown is slightly increased.
There are five upgrades you will unlock for Deflect.
- Deflect: Reflect. Projectiles hit with the sword are returned back towards the shooter (aiming required).
- Deflect: Boost. Deflecting projectiles is significantly easier.
- Focus: Elimination Boost. Amount of Focus generated by killing enemies is slightly increased.
- Deflect: Absorb. Deflecting projectiles charges the Focus meter.
- Sensory Microbooster. Every kill triggers a short instance of Sensory Boost.
There are four upgrades you will unlock for Skills.
- Aim Time Boost. Sensory Boost period for aiming with special techniques is significantly increased.
- Cybervoid Attunement. Cybervoid Uplinks bonuses last much longer.
- Focus: Overclock. Passive focus generation rate is greatly increased.
- Focus: Technique Boost. Killing enemies with special techniques generates a slight amount of focus.
There are five upgrades you will unlock for Map.
- Detector. Collectible items are marked on the radar.
- Tactical Overlay. The enemies are outlined for better visibility.
- Sensory Boost: X-Ray. During Sensory Boost the enemies are visible through walls.
- Sensory Boost: Slowdown. Time moves much slower during Sensory Boost.
- Tactical Overlay II. The enemies aware of your presence are visible through walls.
There are three upgrades you will unlock for Blink.
- Blink: Range. Blink has a significantly longer range.
- Blink: Area. Blink affects significantly larger area around its path.
- Blink: Extra Charge. For a short duration after use, Blink can be used one additional time.
There are two upgrades you will unlock for Tempest.
- Tempest: Range. Tempest has a significantly longer range.
- Tempest: Multikill Refund. Killing two or more enemies at once with Tempest instantly refunds Focus spent to use it.
There are four upgrades you will unlock for Surge.
- Surge: Size. Surge’s wave is twice as big.
- Surge: Range. Surge’s range is significantly increased.
- Surge: Speed. Surge’s wave travels much faster.
- Surge: Extra Charges. For a short duration after use, Surge can be used two additional times.
There is one upgrade you will unlock for Overlord.
- Overlord: Duration. Overlord’s effects last significantly longer.
Ghostrunner dash upgrade
Ghostrunner deflect upgrade
Ghostrunner skill upgrade
Ghostrunner map upgrade