Feature Update: Custom Games Browser – Quality of Life Improvements
Overwatch Retail Patch Notes
New Custom Game Browser tabs
- All Games
New Custom Game setting
- Mode Name
Previously, it was difficult for players to keep track of the ever-growing collection of player-created game modes. The Custom Game Browser’s new tabs give these modes a chance to shine. The Popular tab shows off some of the most-played modes as well as modes that have started to trend. The Favorites tab lets you build a personal collection of modes — just select the star icon next to any mode you’d like to see in this list. The Recent tab shows modes that you have recently played. Finally, the All Games tab gives you the standard, familiar list of lobbies. We’ve also added the ability to search for lobbies by share code.
In order to help identify modes, we’ve added a new Mode Name setting right above the Description in Custom Game Settings. This Mode Name will be used to represent modes in the Custom Game Browser tabs. Creators are encouraged to reupload their modes with Mode Name filled out. (If it isn’t filled out, the share code itself is displayed instead.)
Since these new features are being used by the public for the first time, we may need to make adjustments to how the Popular tab chooses its modes. If you notice that the Popular tab isn’t showing the modes that you might expect, please be patient with us as we tune the feature to present the best collection of modes that we can.
We’re excited about the possibilities these new features will bring to Custom Games, and we’ll be watching and listening to your feedback to improve the Custom Game Browser experience.
Competitive: 3v3 Lockout Elimination – Season 4
Season 4 of Competitive 3v3 Lockout Elimination has begun!
- Fixed a bug that prevented console players from seeing their Top 500 prestige icons while in a match
- Fixed a bug that caused match pool icons to appear missing from match replay listings
- Fixed a bug that caused the Season 28 and Season 29 statistics to look the same in career profile
- Fixed a bug with the 2020 new year’s hat player icon description that displayed 2021
- Fixed a bug that caused the “We need a healer” ping message to appear in a role queue match despite having two healers on the team
- Fixed a bug with the custom game browser that prevented Game Mode options from being selected when using a controller
- Fixed a bug with the career profile that showed competitive CTF seasons in the incorrect order on the stats tab
- Fixed a bug with the cow sign that caused the fork to not be attached properly
- Lijiang Tower
- Fixed a bug on the Control Center map that allowed players to use Junkrat’s Riptire to clip through map geometry and reveal an enemy team’s positioning
- Temple of Anubis
- Fixed a bug that allowed Junkrat to use his Riptire ultimate underneath map terrain
- Fixed a bug where Rocket Punch would sometimes not play impact effects or animations when hitting a wall
- Fixed a bug with her Kneel emote that caused her eyes to not animate properly
- Fixed a bug that caused some of an enemy Reaper’s visual effects to display as friendly instead of hostile when on low damage effects settings
- Soldier: 76
- Fixed a bug that caused his “Show Some Respect” voice line to not play properly if the Grillmaster skin was equipped
- Fixed a bug that caused the player camera to briefly appear in unplayable space when traveling through her teleporter
- The Description text box no longer converts newline characters to spaces