Legends of Runeterra is here with another big expansion update with 9 new legends and many more cards, emojis, guardians, card backs, and boards. Read the patch notes 2.14.0 here.
New Expansion – Beyond the Bandlewood
Time for a new adventure – the Bandle City region launches in this patch, along with 126 new cards, including 9 new champions, new keywords, an Event Pass, and much more in our latest expansion – Beyond the Bandlewood!
Beyond the Bandlewood arrives in patch 2.14.0, which will be playable at approximately 11AM PT, August 25.
New Region – Bandle City
Bandle City embodies the spirit of whimsy and adventure, with magic, tricks, and multi-region cards – cards that can be one region or another. When building a deck with such cards, the only requirement is to have a single-region card from either of the cards’ two regions. We can’t wait to see what kinds of combinations you’ll come up with for all the friendly Yordles across Runeterra!
Over the past weeks, we’ve been revealing all of the cards being added in Beyond the Bandlewood. Head to one of the galleries below to get the full list of new cards, and start your theorycrafting!
New Keywords – Impact & Manifest
Beyond the Bandlewood introduces two new keywords, Impact and Manifest, and a number of new cards revolving around them.
Followers with Impact deal one damage to the enemy Nexus when they strike while attacking. While it may not seem like much on its own, multiple attackers with Impact will stack the effect, allowing you to deal significant burst damage to the enemy Nexus in one fell swoop!
Manifest embodies the spirit of adventure in Beyond the Bandlewood, letting you choose between three cards chosen at random (within specific parameters, depending on the card used) when the effect is activated.
New Challenges, Quests, and AI Decks
New Challenges and Quests have been added to introduce the keywords, archetypes, and champions being added in Beyond the Bandlewood. AI decks featuring Bandle City, as well as other cards added in the expansion have also been added to the Vs. AI opponent pool.
Upcoming Card Updates
As we mentioned in the 2.11.0 patch notes, we don’t generally time live design updates during new card release windows. With 126 new collectible cards and a few entirely-new archetypes added in this expansion, Beyond the Bandlewood is our largest expansion yet, so we’re keeping a close eye on how various decks perform before making any changes.
Looking forward, our next batch of card updates is planned for Patch 2.18.0, on October 20, but it’s possible we might see some small updates between now and then. We’ll be sharing more information on our card update cadence and philosophy moving forward around that time as well.
There’s a lot to play with in this expansion, so we’re looking forward to seeing what decks emerge in the coming weeks!
Region Road Updates
- A new Region Road is now available: Bandle City!
- Region Roads for Bilgewater, Noxus, Piltover & Zaun, Shadow Isles, and Shurima have been extended to level 40.
The following personalization items are available in the Store or on the Beyond the Bandlewood Event Pass.
For legends who seek out hidden realms.
Look in the right places to unearth this board’s wondrous secrets. This board has interactive elements, special visual effects, and music.
Loves: Rolling in mud
“Bark woof” means this pup’s reporting for duty!
Loves: The smell of gunpowder
Beware of the dog.
Loves: Taking life at his own pace
Blazing trails and eating snails.
Lives: Underneath the bramblefoot tree
Quiet, or you’ll scare it away!
Keeper of the Hammer
The Yordle Gunner
The Sheriff of Piltover
“What do you mean the hero isn’t here?!”
“You’re adorable when you’re angry.”
“If you say so-“
Bundles & Event Pass
Few can find the way. Will you discover what lies beyond?
The event pass grants access to an upgraded event path with premium rewards, and immediately unlocks the Puffcap Pup Guardian. All unlockable rewards can be viewed on the Event rewards road. Purchase before September 8 to get an exclusive quest that awards 10 Acorns and a Rare Prismatic Chest!
Play games to earn Acorns and unlock more rewards!
Event ends and pass expires September 22 at 10:00 a.m. PT.
The fight for glory starts now. Celebrate with this FREE bundle!
Includes the World Championship Icon and Card Back.
- The Beyond the Boundaries Deck Bundle is available in the Store for 2574 Coins, prorated for any items you already own:
Wanderlust in your blood? Traverse the world of Runeterra to make an Impact with this Bandle City deck. Enlist multi-region units and allies from other regions to unlock the Bandle Tree’s magic.
- The Tricks & Traps Deck Bundle is available in the Store for 2520 Coins, prorated for any items you already own:
Disrupt your enemies’ flow with Piltover removal and a neverending parade of puffcaps. They won’t even know what hit ‘em.
For the release of Beyond the Bandlewood, we’re adding eight new archetypes to the Expeditions pool, featuring the new champions and strategies highlighted in this expansion, and new cards have been added to existing archetypes as well.
Additionally, all archetypes from Rise of the Underworlds have had their offering bonuses normalized.
Beyond the Bandlewood archetypes will temporarily be four times as likely as they would otherwise be to appear in the initial Champion Picks. We’ll even out these chances in a later patch.
- Darkness rising: Become one with the darkness and take out your opponent with Senna and Veigar.
- Glory in Value: Discard Sion! Get value! Discard Sion again!
- Landmark Destruction: Blow your stuff up with Ziggs? Blow the opponent up with Xerath!
- Mentors: School is in session for your low Power units with Poppy and Fiora as teachers.
- Playful Pranks: Trick your opponent by pranking their cards with Fizz, with a bunch of cheap spells for Nami!
- Snap Trap Snacks: Lure your opponent in, then spring all sorts of traps with Caitlyn!
- The Magus Ascendant: Terraform Runeterra to ascend Xerath, and rain destruction on the enemy Nexus.
- World Travelers: Make friends with Yordles all across Runeterra with Tristana.
- Multi-target spells and abilities now have optional targeting.
- i.e. when playing Trueshot Barrage, you can now select either 1, 2, or 3 targets before casting the spell.
- The Disable Motion setting now disables most camera-shaking effects.
- We’ve redesigned the in-game event calendar! Clicking on an active card will now take you directly to content within the Legends of Runeterrahttps://60fpsgaming.com/tag/legends-of-runeterra client.
- Updated Lucian’s level-up condition to trigger when either Senna or Senna, Sentinel of Light dies
- Unto Dusk and Sump Dredger skills should now properly activate a prompt for a target
- Fixed various bugs where Viego was not counting the correct amount of progress when killing an allied Nasus or a Frostbitten unit
- When an ally dies for the first time in a round with Viego in play, Viego should now create an Encroaching Mist that dies at the end of the round
- Fixed a visual bug that incorrectly showed the Sand Soldiers card ability with increased damage when another unit that makes spells and skills deal extra damage is in play
- Cards copied by Go Get It should now correctly be considered as summoned units
- Discarding cards that replace themselves as the last card in your hand should now level up Jinx
- Updated Claws of the Dragon card text to better match functionality
- Various VFX and UI bugfixes.
- Several improvements to text across the game in our continued effort for text consistency.