Rocket League, the vehicular soccer game developed by Psyonix is getting a graphics upgrade. This update is coming to Playstation 5 on August 18.
Rocket League Update Playstation 5
This update is coming with 2 graphics settings modes on PS5. Players can switch between these settings in Rocket League’s options menu.
PlayStation Blog on Tuesday explained their differences, and what players can expect from them.
- 4K resolution at 60 FPS with HDR
- HDR requires HDR10 compatible display and HDMI 2.0 cable or better
- 4K capable display required to experience 4K. If a 1080p display is used, the game will render at 1080p supersampled from 4K
- Game runs at 2688×1512 resolution (70% of full 4K) at 120 FPS with HDR
- Game UI runs in 4K
- 4K capable display required to experience 4K UHD. If a 1080p display is used, the game will render at 1080p supersampled from 2688×1512
- HDR and 120 FPS require a compatible display, as well as Ultra High Speed HDMI 2.1 cable
Also, PlayStation players are getting a Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart free cosmetics bundle with this update. Both PS4 & PS5 players can claim this bundle. The bundle includes a Punk Decal only for the Octane vehicle body, Negatron Collider Boost, Clank Balloon Topper, and the Ratchet Balloon Topper.
Rocket League is currently in Season 4, with a new car named the Outlaw, a new arena called Deadeye Canon, and more competitive tournaments for players who want to flex their skills. Season 4 runs until Nov. 17. Rocket League is free to play on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Windows PC, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X.