The 39th Golden Joystick Awards were held yesterday as an all-digital event on YouTube and Twitch, and a complete list of all the winners can be found below.
The event, which was hosted by Emily Rose and Nolan North of Uncharted, had 20 public-voted categories and two that were judged by critics. A total of “millions” of votes were cast, resulting in the list below.
Golden Joystick Awards Winners 2021
- Best Storytelling – Life is Strange: True Colors
- Best Multiplayer Game – It Takes Two
- Best Audio – Resident Evil: Village
- Best Visual Design – Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart
- Best Game Expansion – Ghost of Tsushima: Iki Island Expansion
- Mobile Game of the Year – League of Legends: Wild Rift
- Best Gaming Hardware – PS5
- Best Indie Game – Death’s Door
- Studio of the Year – Capcom
- Best Performer – Maggie Robertson (Lady Dimitrescu)
- Breakthrough Award – Housemarque
- Best Game Community – Final Fantasy 14
- Still Playing Award – Final Fantasy 14
- PC Game of the Year – Hitman 3
- Nintendo Game of the Year – Metroid Dread
- Xbox Game of the Year – Psychonauts 2
- PlayStation Game of the Year – Resident Evil Village
- Most Wanted Game – Elden Ring
- Critics Choice Award – Deathloop
- Ultimate Game of the Year – Resident Evil Village
- Ultimate Hardware of All Time – PC
- Ultimate Game of All Time – Dark Souls
As you can see, Nintendo games didn’t fare particularly well — Metroid Dread won the Nintendo-specific category, while others fell short of their competing platforms.
Do you agree with the winners’ list? Is there anything you’d alter if you had the chance? Please share your thoughts in the comments section below, and congratulations to all of the winners!