Valorant is only one and a half years old but it is one of the most popular first-person shooter games. However, Riot is constantly releasing new updates of valorant. Old issues are getting fixed and new issues are appearing but players are still facing the low FPS and FPS drops in Valorant. So, here we gathered all the solutions related to these issues.
FPS Drops in Valorant
FPS Drops in Valorant
valorant fps drop fix
valorant fps drops to 0
valorant fps drop
how to fix valorant fps drops
how to fix valorant low fps
But before going further, please make sure your PC/Laptop specs meet the minimum system requirements.
Valorant System Requirements
|Minimum Specs // 30FPS||Recommended Specs // 60FPS||High-End Specs // 144FPS|
|CPU//||Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (Intel), Athlon 200GE (AMD)||Intel i3-4150 (Intel), Ryzen 3 1200 (AMD)||Intel i5-9400F 2.90GHz (Intel), Ryzen 5 2600X (AMD)|
|GPU//||Intel HD 4000, Radeon R5 200||Geforce GT 730, Radeon R7 240||GTX 1050 Ti, Radeon R7 370|
|Windows||7/8/10 64-bit||7/8/10 64-bit||7/8/10 64-bit|
The advanced fixes below are for you only if you’re sure that your system is on per or more than capable of running Valorant.
Fixes for This Problem
Simply try one by one until your problem gets fixed.
- Install latest Windows updates
- Optimize PC power plan
- Install latest graphics driver
- Kill all background programs
- Optimize in-game graphics settings
- Disable fullscreen optimization
- Disable Xbox game bar
- Re-install without full download
- Other Fixes
Before trying these fixes, we recommend you to monitor your in-game performance. You can use the in-game FPS counter & framerate or use MSI Afterburner / Nvidia performance Overlay / AMD Radeon Overlay to monitor any performance boost or changes.
FIX 1: Install Latest Windows Updates
Windows releases system updates every so often that fix bugs and resolve software incompatibilities. Your FPS issue may be solved by updating your software to the latest version, which may include a performance boost.
Here’s how to update Windows 10, 8, or 7:
- Press Windows key on your keyboard.
- Select the Start button, and then go to Settings.
- Or press Windows + I key togather to open the Settings tab.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Now click on Check for updates in Windows Update.
- After installing system updates, restart your computer.
- Check for updates until you see “You’re up to date.”
- Swipe from the right or move the mouse cursor to a right-hand corner of the screen to bring up the charms bar.
- Select Settings from the charms bar.
- Or press Windows + I key togather to open charms bar.
- At the bottom of the panel, select Change PC Settings.
- At the bottom of the list on the left side, select Windows Update.
- Select Check for Updates Now.
Support for Windows 7 ended on January 14, 2020
We recommend you move to a Windows 10 PC to continue to receive security updates from Microsoft.
After installing all the system updates, play a Deathmatch or Spike Rush in Valorant and test the gameplay. If it doesn’t work and you still face FPS drops or low fps then go check out the next step.
Fix 2: Optimize PC Power Plan
- Press Windows + R key at the same time to open Run Command Window. Run tab will popup on bottom left corner of your screen.
- Type control powercfg.cpl in the run tab, then click OK or hit Enter key of your keyboard.
- Choose the High performance power plan if your device set on another power plan.
High performance power plan will consume a little more power than other plans but it might give you a performance boost.
Then Run Valorant and check in-game performance. If you still face those issues then go to the next step.
Fix 3: Install Latest Graphics Driver
For Nvidia users:
- Click here and fill-up the form with your graphics card info. Then search > download and express install the driver.
Or you can install it via Geforce Experience which comes with some other handful of features:
- If you don’t have Nvidia Gefore Experience in your PC you click here to download.
- install Gefore Experience and login / register.
- Then open the software and click on Driver from top-left navigation bar.
- Click on “Check For Updates” option on top-right corner.
- If you don’t have the latest Nvidia Driver, you will find a Download option.
- Download and express install the driver.
For AMD users:
- Right click on your desktop and select AMD Radeon Settings.
- In Radeon Settings, click on the Updates menu option on bottom-left corner.
- If a new driver is available, the menu option will show New Update.
- To proceed with installing a new driver version, click on the tile of the desired driver version.
- Click on Express Upgrade which installs only the core components of the driver package.
- Click on Proceed to begin the upgrade process.
Once the driver has been successfully installed, please restart your system and check the FPS in Valorant. If this fix doesn’t work for you, please continue to the next one.
FiX 4: Kill all background programs
One of the common causes of the FPS drop issue is that you have some background programs eating up your resources. So before you start Valorant, first make sure you’re not running large programs like Chrome, Discord, or Skype.
This is a common reason for the FPS dropping problem.
how to boost Valorant FPS
valorant fps drops Reddit
fix valorant fps drop
valorant fps drop fix
valorant fps drop and freeze
valorant fps drop laptop
how to increase fps in valorant
Fix 5: Optimize In-game Graphics Settings
Unoptimized graphics settings may ruin your gameplay experience. Some specific spots on different maps are very resource demanding and unoptimized settings can be the reason for FPS drops on those areas. So, if you are using unoptimized settings, optimize it right now.
A higher frame rate means a smoother gameplay experience and it also reduces your game latency. So go to Valorant’s Settings > Video > Graphics Quality and lower all your in-game settings. Lowering the graphics quality will definitely boost your FPS. If you are using old/weak graphics cards or playing on a laptop then low settings are recommended. But if you have the latest and most powerful graphics cards, you can tweak your graphics settings one by one and monitor which one is the reason behind low fps. Lastly don’t use Vsync cause it caps your FPS and increases frame time.
If this doesn’t work, move on to the next one.
Fix 6: Disable Fullscreen Optimization
Many players said on Reddit that this solution boosted their in-game fps by a big margin, some people got double the FPS usually they get. It’s not guaranteed that it will work for all.
- Open Valorant.exe file location from file manager.
- Right click on the exe file and open Properties.
- Then click on Compatibility tab then go to settings section.
- Now tick the Disable fullscreen optimization and apply it.
- Run Valorant and press F11 twice if you are using fullscreen mode or once for windowed/ windowed borderless.
We hope this will boost your FPS in a significant amount.
Fix 7: Disable Xbox Game Bar
Sometimes Xbox game bar can cause FPS drops in many games, Valorant isn’t exceptional. So, disable it and check Valorant FPS.
- Open Windows settings from Start menu or press Windows + I
- Click on Gaming and go to Xbox Game Bar.
- Now turn it off.
Some games need an Xbox game bar invitation, you can turn it on again later. We recommend you turn it off before playing Valorant.
Didn’t work? Please try the next one.
Fix 8: Re-install The Game
This is a common solution for almost all Valorant related issues and problems. But what you should know is that you don’t need to download the full game to re-install Valorant.
Leave the game launcher and files as it was. Download the latest Valorant exe file from the Official PlayValorant Website and run it. It will overwrite the previous exe file, verify and repair the game files if necessary. After completing the re-install, restart your PC and run Valorant to check if the problems are solved or not.
These are some minor fixes and rarely happen to anyone. If non of the solutions we provided above doesn’t work for you then at least give these a try.
Disable Skin Effects: Premium skins have different VFX, sound and finisher, so they obviously use more resources than normal skins. So try disabling them and check performance differences.
Check Storage Health: If you are using an older hard-disk drive with too many bad sectors or at its end of the life-cycle with low read/write speed, then it can cause you stuttering and FPS drops.
You can check the storage health with software like CrystalDiskMarks or Hard Disk Sentinel.
These are the common fixes for your Valorant FPS drop issues. Please leave a message if you have any inquiries or suggestions. We will respond as soon as possible.
after new windows install i am facing fps drop
fps drops to 1 suddenly. never happened before. i’ve been playing since 1 month no problem but now i can’t play
Hey, i have tried all the above solutions but still my valorant is always bottlenecked at 40fps. My laptop is a hp omen with nvidia geforce GTX 1650
Same issue with my Omen too 1660Ti graphics card
Try to Run Valorant with vangaurd ON. It helps in my case, fps also depends on display hertz like if 60hz= 60fps, 120hz= 120fps and so on. Enable the vangaurd option at Startup in task manager and restart, Afterwards don’t close vangaurd and run valorant.
im having the same problem, sometimes i play kinda fine but sometimes i have to leave the game cause it is that bad.
4.04 has been causing fps drops. No, it’s not ur pc that has gotten worse lol I reset my pc and I’m still getting 40 fps in between games for 1-2 rounds.
How’s your fps with the latest patch? Recently I’ve gotten fps drops from 140 to 112 and this keeps happening pre round to post round constantly, its noticeable and kinda affects my gameplay. This never happened before as I usually put my graphics settings medium to high with no problems and only dropped at 130.
Buy a new pc 😉
Thanks, Blitz was using too much CPU power in the background.
nos sirvio demasiado
Thanks a lot. The third step boosted my fps. Now I get around 95fps on my laptop
My computer used to run valorant around 50 fps around astra release and now the fps would drop from a average 60 fps to 1 fps whenever I do something more than running
Windows version: 10.0.19042.962
GPU: Intel UHD 620
CPU: Intel core i3 8130U