Your display name in Valorant and other games of Riot is a combination of Riot ID and tagline. This is the name players watch in games and Riot social app. Others will use this display name to send you friend requests, not your username.
Also, your display name in Riot’s games is not similar to your username. Your username is the name you use only while logging in and no one has access or visibility to your username except you.
If your previous name was something like ‘BotFragg#Noob’, you can change it to ‘TopFragg#Pro’. But names must be at least 3 characters long and no more than 16 characters long. You can’t use words like Riot, Valorant, Riot’s any game name, an offensive word, or any Valorant agent name. The tagline can be a maximum of 5 characters long.
How to change your display name in Valorant
Your Riot ID will be the same as your display name across all Riot Games titles, including League of Legends and Valorant. So make sure you pick a Riot ID that works for all!
It’s very easy to change the Riot ID and tagline. Here’s how you can change your Riot ID and tagline:
- Click here and log in to your Riot account with your email and password.
- After successfully logging in, it will redirect you to Riot’s account management page.
- You will find ‘Riot ID‘ section at the top of the webpage.
- There you will see your currently active display name in the ‘RIOT ID‘ Field and #tag in the ‘TAGLINE‘ field.
- Then delete those currently active inputs and put your desired in-game display name and #tag in those field.
- If you don’t want any specific tagline then you can click on the randomize icon to generate a tagline.
- After that click on ‘SAVE CHANGES‘.
If you changed your display name while playing any of Riot’s games, then restart the game to see the changes.
Does name changing cost anything?
No, it doesn’t cost anything at all except a few minutes of your time. Previously in League of Legends, players needed Riot Point to change names but now it’s totally free forever across all of Riot’s games.
How often can you change your display name?
It’s worth noting that changing your Riot ID will have an impact on your name across all Riot games. You can only do this once per 30 days, according to Riot support, so choose wisely.
change valorant name
valorant name changes
how to change your name in valorant
how to change name in valorant
Though Riot uses 2-step authentication for account safety, but it’s better to use a different display name rather than a username for security purposes.